Just in case you didn’t hear me shouting it from the rooftops, I’d thought I’d share my exciting news. My daughter and her husband, Bethany and John, just gave birth to two teeny-tiny, preemie twins: Ethan Avery Rutledge – 2 lbs. 14 oz. and Alexander Battle Rutledge – 1 lb. 15 oz.
They are both beautiful & vulnerable at the same, and my heart swells with gratitude as I think of all the scientists, inventors, doctors, nurses, engineers and more, who in the process of living out their passion and calling made these precious lives possible.
By sharing their gifts with the world, they invented incubators, ventilators, medicines, and baby band-aids no bigger than the head of a pin.
What a wonderful world!
Which brings me to my real reason for writing you today.
Here’s My Question…
Do you ever argue with God? Not out loud, not even consciously maybe, but somewhere deep in your heart where you hope even He can’t hear, do you ever groan, “God, why did you choose me for this? Why did you think it was a good idea for me to start a business?” And on your darkest, weariest days, “Did you really choose me?”
I’ve asked all of these things and more…
Here I Am. Send Someone Else.
In fact, I frequently envision myself being cast by God for the role of Isaiah in the Old Testament, and then flubbing my biggest line by saying, “Lord, here I am, send… uh, send…, uh send… Jeremiah. Or maybe Abraham. Elijah, would be good. But whatever you do, please don’t send me.”
But, mercifully, God doesn’t bow to my doubts. Instead, He wisely sticks with His greater plan. And in that perfect plan, He chooses imperfect people. People like me and you.
Why God DIDN’T Choose Us
But we don’t need to fear. Since God knows everything in advance, and shapes it all to His plan, I’m realizing it doesn’t all depend on you and me. In fact, there’s probably a million+ reasons why He DIDN’T choose us. Here are five:
God didn’t think we were…
- the smartest
- the bravest
- the richest
- the most qualified
- or that we could do this all on our own
Think about Jesus’ 12 disciples. They weren’t ANY of those things, and through them God turned the world upside-down.
So, why did God choose the inventor of 1-inch disposable diapers for preemie babies like Ethan & Alex?
Why did He create, craft, and choose me and you for the businesses we own and run?
Here’s Why God Did Choose YOU!
Again, there are a million reasons, but here are at least 5. You are…
1. Unique — God knew exactly what the world needed at this date and time in history, and so He created YOU!
Each of us is an original.
Galatians 5:26 MSG
2. Gifted — Gallup Organization reports that only 1 in 33.39 million people have the exact Top 5 Talent Theme as you, and God’s given you so much more than that. You are gifted in ways NO ONE else in the world is, and the world is diminished when you don’t share what He has generously given you.
God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well.
Romans 12:6 NLT
3. Experienced — No one has been through the exact life experiences that you have, thus, no one can relate to your clients the way that you can.
Through our union with Christ we too have been claimed by God
as his own inheritance. Before we were even born, he gave us our destiny;
that we would fulfill the plan of God who always accomplishes
every purpose and plan in his heart.
Ephesians 1:11 TPT
4. Prepared for Success — God has gone before you and divinely paved the way for your success by laying out, in advance, the good works He plans for you do.
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10 NASB
5. And most of all…You care. You wouldn’t have started on this journey if you didn’t care about making a difference in the world.
If you’ve gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has
made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit
means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care …
put yourself aside, and help others get ahead.
Philippians 2:1-4 TPT
Christ’s love and life has made ALL the difference in your life and mine, and we really do care. And that, my friends, is what matters. Everything else, the high IQ, the vast network of connections, the money – God has those and will generously gift them to us as needed.
The Question Isn’t IF but HOW
On a practical level, this means the question is no longer, “CAN this succeed,” because with God’s help, the answer is a resounding “YES!”
The only remaining question is, “how?” What role do you play? What strategies does God want you to use? How will you stay inspired and motivated along the way?
And for that, there’s help. My passion is to encourage and equip you to succeed in your passion. To make your business all that it can be, so that the world is truly impacted and changed.
You Can Flourish | Free Live Training
On Thursday, September 13, I’m sharing the secrets to a having a flourishing business in a free live training just for you – the Christian coach or entrepreneur.
Here’s the scoop…
Flourish: 3 Secrets of Successful Coaches & Entrepreneurs
Actionable, power points include…
- Your God-given “SUPER POWER” and how it changes everything
- The easy way to grow your influence in a way that HONORS CHRIST
- The PROVEN profit formula that will keep your business running
- Four fast, sure ways to know EXACTLY what your niche needs & wants
- Practical, actionable steps you can take TODAY
It’s super easy to sign-up, just click the link below.
I hope to see you there as together we partner with God to change the world.