Roadmap to Success Series – Step I
My first business venture failed.
I had set up my card table, squeezed the lemons, added a boatload of sugar, and put up my sign. My first-ever entrepreneurial adventure, Kim’s Lemonade Stand, never made it off the ground. And it wasn’t for lack of trying.
I lived on a dead-end street. A cemetery was livelier than the end of my driveway. So, at the end of the day, my pitcher was full, and my cash drawer was empty.
I had neglected a key component for success . . . location, location, location. I had simply failed to find the right spot.
I wish I could say I learned from my first entrepreneurial failure, but I didn’t. Years later, when I began my life coaching business, I made the same mistake. I forgot that success begins with finding the right spot, or what I call my sweet spot.
Three-Steps to Finding Your Sweet Spot
What is a sweet spot? It’s a small but powerful place found at the intersection of three essential things – a group of people who already know they have a problem and are willing to spend money to solve it.
Understanding these three simple steps is key to finding your sweet spot:
1) People Group – Instead of scurrying about talking to people one-by-one, leverage your marketing time by using the one-to-many model, reaching out to groups of people gathered around a common interest or need.
2) Problem – While you can coach anyone about anything, effective marketing targets a top-of-mind problem your niche is eager to solve.
3) Profit – For this to be an income-earning business, you need to work with people who can and will pay for their problem to be solved.
While this all sounds easy on paper, for most of us, it’s hard to do.
Have You Found Your Sweet Spot?
Have you tried to build your coaching business before finding your sweet spot?
If so, your business is probably struggling. The truth is it’s impossible to build a full-time business without putting this foundation in place.
I invite you to a better way, to the program I wish I’d had when I first began coaching, Marketing Momentum.
- Find your sweet spot
- Choose effective, strengths-based marketing strategies you enjoy
- Develop an automated marketing system that works while you sleep
- Build an effective website that turns prospects into clients
- Create an irresistible free offer that adds prospects to your list
- Write a client-attracting monthly newsletter
- And so much more…
Using this step-by-step approach can shave years off your timeline and save you thousands of dollars. Really. Here’s what said one participant said,
“I REALLY wish I had known about this program sooner. I’ve calculated that IF this had been around when I began to get serious about the business side of coaching, and IF I had known about it, and IF I had done this first before trying to do it alone, I would have probably saved more than $5,000 and been two years farther down the road then I am now with establishing my business.