Your office is quiet. The cup of coffee is piping hot. You lean back in your chair, power up the computer screen, stare at a blank page, fingers poised over the keyboard and…
…sit there until your coffee is iceberg cold.
What in the world can you write about to mesmerize your readers and bring clients streaming to your door?
Here are some questions you may want to consider before posting your content online:
- Who are you trying to reach? If you try to reach everyone, you get no one. Choose a niche and write for them.
- Where do they spend their online time? You can’t be everywhere, so make sure that you are where your niche can easily find you.
- How do they access the Internet? Are they browsing on a desktop, laptop, iPad or smartphone? You want to make sure that your content is device friendly by using short paragraphs, bullet points, and images where appropriate.
- What problem are they trying to solve? Research shows that your prospects will give you only 3-8 seconds before they decide to click off or read more. Make sure they know from the first glance that you are answering the very questions they are asking.
- What next step do you want them to take? Along with receiving great information, what do you want your reader to do? Sign up for your newsletter? Subscribe to your blog? Join your Facebook community? Attend a webinar? Leave a comment? Choose ONE call to action, and make it very clear.
Blogging online is one of the wisest things you can do. But before you begin, take a minute to figure out what content your target market will love.
What are you planning to write about?