The Coaching Dream
It broke my heart. Trena (not her real name) was giving up on her dream.
We first met right after she became an ‘empty nester.’ She was expectant, hopeful and determined to make the best of this new season of life. She prayed. She researched. She waited on God.
And He answered. She was going to become a Life Coach.
If God had said, “Eat more chocolate,” or “Go shopping more often,” she couldn’t have been happier. There was nothing she would rather do than help people live more intentional, joyful, purposeful Christ-centered lives.
Coach training confirmed her new direction. She loved everything about it. And she was a good coach. Anyone would be blessed to work with her. But very few were…
Trena only had 3 clients. She tried to get more. Along with her beautiful website, she put an announcement in the church bulletin, opened a Facebook account, gave a talk to the women’s group at church and more.
I eagerly watched Trena’s journey from a distance, and for two long years she persevered.
The Dream Dies
Trena just took a job in a Daycare center.
That’s fine. There’s nothing wrong with working with children. I’ve worked in a Daycare center myself.
But she grieved to see her coaching dream die on the vine.
And still watching from a distance, I grieved too.
It didn’t have to be this way.
It Could Have Been Different
When Trena had a toothache, she didn’t sign up for Dental School to learn how to fix it. She hired a dentist. When the water pipes burst, she didn’t apprentice herself out to a master plumber. She simply called one. It makes sense. Why would she waste years of time and boatloads of money to learn how to do something she’s not even interested in when she can call someone who already has that ability and expertise?
Unfortunately, Trena, didn’t apply that same principle to marketing and business building. Wanting to save money, she decided to go it alone and did the best she could.
It wasn’t enough.
Along with losing her dream, she lost a whole lot more money than she saved.
In the big picture of life, experts don’t cost you money. They save you money. And time. They help you avoid pitfalls. And missteps. And anxiety. Uncertainty. Worry. And so much more.
Experts learn difficult skills so we don’t have to. We rely on their expertise so we can move forward with the things we are good at, the things we love.
I wish I would have said these things to Trena. Talked with her. Encouraged her. Exhorted her. But I didn’t want to appear brash, so I held back. I have lots of regrets.
Unfortunately, there’s nothing I can do about Trena’s dream now.
What About Your Dream?
But there is something I can do. I can tell you. Encourage you. Exhort you. Even beg you. Please get the help you need before it’s too late. There are many marketing experts you can work with or…
I would love to have the privilege of helping you fulfill your coaching dream.
The 6-month Marketing Momentum program is here to help you.
Here is a tiny snapshot of what’s included:
- Two 90-minute Strategic Marketing Plan seminars so you can create the plan that is just right for you, your business and your schedule.
- Create a Winning Website Bite-Sized Marketing Course– Making sure that from the foundation up, your website will work for you even while you sleep.
- Create an Irresistible Free Offer – Developing a free ‘taste’ of your services grows the relationship, allows prospects to see the incredible value you provide and at the same time adds them to your mailing list.
- Create Client Attracting Newsletters – If coaches were only allowed to use one marketing tool, I’d recommend having an ezine or electronic newsletter. Find out why.
- Six-week My Ideal Niche Self-Study Program – Taking you step-by-step through researching, testing and choosing a niche that is viable, enjoyable and profitable.
- Individual coaching sessions just for you.
- Group coaching sessions to keep you motivated and informed.
- An online group so that you can ask any question at any time.
- Personal email access to me whenever you need it.
- And so much more…
Get all the details at www.KimAveryCoaching.com/mm. I hope to see you there!